- 8 cups vegetable broth (low- or no-sodium)
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon Coppini Drago Chef olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms caps, packed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups Ristoris arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoon mellow white miso
- Vegan parmesan, shredded, to taste
- Sea salt and pepper
- Add broth to a small pot and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat, then add olive oil, mushrooms, onions, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes until onions are soft. Add garlic, rosemary, nutritional yeast and arborio rice. Stirring often, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until garlic is soft and rice is toasted. Add the wine, mustard, and miso and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the wine has evaporated, stirring frequently so the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Once the wine is evaporated, add 1 cup of warm broth to the rice mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the broth is absorbed. Repeat this step, adding the broth in 1 cup increments, until risotto becomes thick and creamy. This should take about 20-30 minutes. The rice should be firm, yet tender.
- At this point, you can fold in whatever vegetables you are using along with the shredded vegan parm. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the asparagus is tender and the peas are bright green. Remove from heat and serve immediately.